Monday, September 29, 2008

I've had it, China!

Wow. I've finally had it. No more stuff from China, for me at least. I know it will be like crossing a minefield; but when I saw the "Cadbury Egg" chocolate laced with melamine scare that was it.

English confectioner gone and forced to stay afloat by big-muscled-fist-of-cheap-labor-or-else, well you get the point... It's chocolate for pete's sake! Is there no company left that can survive, let alone make a buck without being making their wares in China? Last time I checked, China was not known for their prowess as chocolatiers.

Now if you want to talk about tea eggs, red-cooked pork and other Chinese things that I love because they are Chinese I'm all ears. But when I have to double check the box on a quintessential French piece of cast iron cookware only to find that it is made in China, I get pissed.

So I am going to actively pursue my part-time abhorrence of Chinese imitation goods full-time. Ahhh, what is wrong with this crazy world? And why don't people know any better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home